Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Red & Green Should Never Be Seen

I took some photos the other day that really surprised me! I managed to find some examples of red and green together that I actually really liked!

ABOVE: This truck is so vibrant but rustic looking! I think it is appealing because of the proportion of red to green and the light, slightly muted colour of the green. The red is dominant and the green is just a softer compliment/accent... as opposed to the garish clashing bright green and red Christmas style schemes that are more common. The reason it appeals is probably also because of the neutral tones in the background of the picture.


ABOVE TWO: I love watching these plants transform in my garden... they morph from bright green to a deep reddish purple. When the red and green mix it actually creates a really harmonious and natural look. They look muted and natural together and it is magical seeing the light shine through the leaves of the plant as you can actually see the colours mixing together!

No comments:

Post a Comment