Saturday, October 10, 2009

Siwe Restaurant



Today I went shopping at Ikea for my Colour in Commercial Environment assignment! I am designing the logo and collateral for a modern African restaurant called Siwe, and my colour focus is on the unexpected and subtle use of African colours. I have been exploring the polar opposites of dark and light through the African elements of face/body painting, etching and jewellery. For the brief I also wanted to show a bit of art direction and interior design skill, so I decided I would style and photograph a table setting for the restaurant. This image obviously isn't set out or completed. Just thought I would include a quick picture of my purchases fresh out of the car boot. And don't worry... I will be returning them all within three months and getting my money back (as long as I don't loose the receipt!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment